Thai Salad with Whole Grain Brown Rice and Chicken
HOW TO PREPARE
Cook the rice according to package directions, set aside and chill.
Whisk the peanut butter, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and poblano peppers in a small bowl, set aside.
Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise before cutting them into 1/2-inch slices.
Combine the rice with cucumber, dressing, chicken, and onion. Cover and chill.
Just before serving, toss the salad with the spinach and basil.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, cut into strips
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups UNCLE BEN’S® Natural Whole Grain Brown Rice or Sun Made Brown Rice (uncooked)