Stuffed Hatch Chiles with Cilantro-Lime Yogurt
HOW TO PREPARE
Preheat broiler and place chiles in a roasted pan. Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes until chiles are blistering. Remove from oven and let cool.
In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Mince onion and add to pan, cooking until translucent, 5-6 minutes. Remove corn kernels from cob, add to pan, and continue to cook for 3-4 more minutes. Combine spices, pepper, salt, and brown sugar in a bowl. Add to the pan along with the 1/4 cup of water. Stir until spices are mixed in. Add cooked rice and continue to heat for 1-2 minutes until rice is hot.
Divide mixture into the four chiles and top with cheese. Return pan to under the broiler and heat until cheese is melted and lightly browning, 1-2 minutes.* Remove from oven.
To serve, whisk together yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, and honey. Spoon over peppers and sprinkle with extra cilantro if desired.
- 4 good sized Hatch Chiles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 ear sweet corn
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 ounces queso fresco or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons honey