Spinach and Pea Fried Rice
HOW TO PREPARE
In a large skillet set over low heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Stir in diced scallions and peas, cooking until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in brown rice, soy sauce, rice vinegar and mirin, cooking for 2 to 3 more minutes to fry the rice. Add the shredded spinach, stirring and cooking until spinach starts to wilt slightly.
Create a large well in the center of the rice; add remaining tablespoon of oil. Whisk eggs in a bowl, then pour them into the well. Cook the eggs, stirring occasionally, until set, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in sesame seeds and black pepper. Serve hot.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1/2 bunch scallions, including some of the green stalks, diced
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded spinach
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper