Slow-Cooker Coconut Brown Rice Pudding
HOW TO PREPARE
Mist a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the coconut water, coconut milk, 1 1/2 cups water, sugar, vanilla and salt in the bowl of the slow cooker until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the rice and cook on high 4 hours or low for 5 to 6 hours.
Uncover, stir well and let stand 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the butter. Continue to cool, stirring, until warm. Stir in the lime zest. Serve warm or chill until cold. Top as desired.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups coconut water
- One 13.5-ounce can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups short grain brown rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest