By: Chef San Gimignano
HOW TO PREPARE
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the onion is transparent, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, until it is well coated with the butter and starts to turn translucent, for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer gently until all the liquid is absorbed, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Ladle 1/2 cup of the warm stock into the rice mixture and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the broth is absorbed.
- Repeat, adding 1/2 cup of broth at a time, until the rice is cooked through but still firm.
- Add the remaining butter and the salt, pepper, and parmesan. Stir to incorporate. Adjust seasoning with more salt to taste.
- Now sprinkle salt on the tuna and just sear on a hot non stick pan to give it colour on both the sides.
- Slice the tuna and arrange on top of the cooked risotto.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with additional parmesan.
300 gm arborio rice
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 50 gm unsalted butter
- 50 gm finely chopped onions
- 10 gm chopped garlic
- 50 ml white wine
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 75 gm parmesan cheese
- 100 gm fresh ahi tuna slab