Mutton Khichda Recipe
By: Chef Mahesh Bisht
HOW TO PREPARE
- Mix the rice and all the dals and then cook it in 3 cups of water and salt to taste till tender.
- Heat oil, add cloves, peppercorns, cumin, cinnamon and saute till they change color a bit.
- Add the onions, mutton, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and green paste.
- Stir fry till meat is opaque, then cook in a pressure cooker till meat is tender.
- Combine the meat, wheat and dal mixture, simmer for 2-3 minutes and serve garnished.
500 gm cracked wheat-cooked tender
- 1 cup each rice and channa) daal
- 1 cup split arhar/toover daal
- 1 cup sabut masoor daal
- 1 cup dhuli moong daal
- 1 cup each
- 1 kg mutton
- 1 cup oil
- 5 cloves
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon-broken
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp ginger-green- chilli-coriander leaves paste
- Onions-fried brown and crisp ginger juliennes, mint leaves and green chillies for garnish