Mushroom Brown Rice Recipe
By Chef: Manju Malhi
HOW TO PREPARE
- Wash the brown rice with water.
- Cut the mushrooms, onions and capsicum.
- In a pan add butter/olive oil and add onions. Saute till pink.
- Add mushrooms. Saute till they wilt.
- Now add the capsicum. Saute and add the pre-washed brown rice. Saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and 2 cups water.
- Cook for 15 minutes or till the rice are done.
1 cup brown basmati rice, washed
9-10 mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup butter (you can reduce the amount if you want to or you can use 2 Tbsp olive oil)
- 1 green capsicum
1 tsp black pepper
Salt, to taste
2 cups water