Ginger Brown Rice with Carrots
HOW TO PREPARE
In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium low heat. Add in garlic and ginger, cooking until they both become fragrant-roughly two minutes. Stir in shredded carrots and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
Whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and sesame seeds. Pour over carrot mixture and cook until heated through.
Finally, stir in rice and cook for 3-4 minutes or until rice is warm.
Serve with toasted coconut.
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots, about 2-3 large carrots
- 1 1/2 cup cooked brown rice (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon honey (see note)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Scallion Greens, for serving
- 2 hardboiled eggs, for serving