Easy Salmon Brown Rice Pasta Salad
HOW TO PREPARE
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in pasta, and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until it has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes.
Drop frozen peas and spinach into boiling pasta during the last minute of cooking. Drain pasta, peas, and spinach in a colander. Return pasta, peas, and spinach to the pot.
Stir in salmon and salad dressing until well combined.
Chill in the refrigerator, about 20 minutes.
Gently stir in carrots, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, and lemon juice.
Garnish with jalapenos.
- 16 ounces dried brown rice pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup red cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped