Cranberry Pecan Brown Rice Stuffing
Recipe by: Minute Rice
HOW TO PREPARE
Prepare rice according to package directions.
In a medium microwave safe bowl, mix cranberries and orange peel with chicken stock and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Set aside. Heat a large sauce pan over high heat and add margarine.
Stir in celery, shallot and poultry seasoning and saute 3 minutes. Stir in cranberry mixture, pecans, parsley and rice and cook over medium heat for 3 more minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
2 cups Minute® Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste