CARROT CURRY WITH KALE AND PANEER
HOW TO PREPARE
Heat a dutch oven or tall-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil followed by the shallot. Saute until the shallot is fragrant and translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger, cooking for another minute or two.
Measure in the curry powder followed by the carrots and golden raisins. Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until carrots are tender, 10 minutes.
While the carrots are cooking, heat the 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a small pan. Cut the paneer into ½” cubes and fry over medium-low until golden, turning once during cooking. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Place the mixture carrot mixture in a blender and carefully puree until smooth. Transfer the sauce back to the pot and add the kale, in batches if necessary. Cook and wilt the kale slightly.
Divide the grains into two bowls and top with the kale curry, paneer, cilantro, and toasted coconut.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large (4 oz) shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1″ nub of ginger (minced)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 8 ounces)
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- Salt (as needed)
- ½ pound (8 oz) cups shredded lacinato kale
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 ounces paneer cheese
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (for serving)
- Cilantro (for serving)
- Toasted coconut (for serving)