Cajun Meatless Red Beans and Brown Rice
HOW TO PREPARE
Combine 3 3/4 cups water and brown rice in a rice cooker. Close and lock lid. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 30 minutes.
Combine red beans, onion, canola oil, garlic, parsley, chicken stock concentrate, basil, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, Creole seasoning, and bay leaves in a stovetop pressure cooker. Add enough water to cover.
Close cooker securely and place pressure regulator over vent according to manufacturer’s instructions. Cook at high pressure for 22 minutes. Let pressure release naturally according to manufacturer’s instructions; unlock lid and remove. Discard bay leaves.
Serve red beans with brown rice.
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock concentrate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- water to cover