Brown Rice Vegetable Loaf
HOW TO PREPARE
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Spread 1/2 of the rice into the bottom of a large baking dish. Pour about 1/2 can tomato soup over rice and top with zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese over vegetables. Pour remaining 1/2 can soup over cheese.
Spread remaining rice into baking dish. Add broccoli, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, carrot, garlic, parsley, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Pour remaining 1 can soup over vegetables and top with remaining cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven until tomato soup is bubbly and cheese is melted, 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 9.5 g fat; 39.6 g carbohydrates; 13.4 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 760 mg sodium.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, divided
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup, divided
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 7 baby portobello mushrooms, sliced – or more to taste
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced white onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste