Brown Rice Onion Pilaf
HOW TO PREPARE
- In a deep pan add oil and butter.
- Add the sliced onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the bay leaf, cinnamon and sugar. Saute till brown and caramelized.
- Add the soaked rice, salt and pepper. Saute.
- Add the stock.
- Cover and cook till done.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with garlic balsamic prawns.
- Note: Brown rice requires more water for cooking as compared to white rice.
20 ml oil
1 Tbsp butter
1 onion, sliced
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 pinch sugar
1 1/2 cup brown basamati rice, washed and soaked
3- 3 1/2 cups vegetables stock/ chicken stock/ plain water
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste