Bok Choy Stir-Fry with Canadian Bacon
HOW TO PREPARE
Combine the soy sauce, Sriracha and sugar in a bowl; set aside. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the Canadian bacon; cook, stirring, until crisp and browned around the edges, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Add 1 more tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet, then add the mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms start browning, 4 minutes. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, the bell pepper and red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pepper is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
Add the garlic, bok choy and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the bok choy is just wilted, about 2 minutes. Return the Canadian bacon to the skillet, add the soy sauce mixture and stir to combine. Serve over brown rice.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, sambal oelek or other Asian chile sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 heads baby bok choy, trimmed and chopped
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, for serving